New series kicking off on 06 November 2016.
Many of you have been asking about what we have been reading in preparation for this series and so here is a concise list of some resources that we have found helpful. Please note that this is not an endorsement of these works, but rather it is simply a resource list of things out there that you may want to look at. We also know that it is far from exhaustive, but it is what has been keeping us busy recently, and is just a chance to get you started. Lastly, we know that these books aren’t reflective of a South African reality. Unfortunately there is a shortage of writing on the gospel and race from a South African perspective but we hope to do something about that. If you want to do some reading on South African racial dynamics then please be in touch and we can recommend some secular works that are currently out there that will prove eye-opening and sobering.
- Oneness Embraced: Reconciliation, The Kingdom, and How We Are Stronger Together. Tony Evans.
- Gracism: The Art of Inclusion. David A. Anderson.
- Under Our Skin: Getting Free from the Fears and Frustrations That Divide Us. Benjamin Watson.
- Bloodlines: Race, Cross and the Christian. John Piper.
- United:Captured by God’s Vision for Diversity. Trillia J. Newbell.
- One Mokgatle - Transcultural Churches
- Ross Lester - Trying to be a Useful White Guy
- Tumi Moraba and Ross Lester - Church Planting Against Racism
*We may add to this list of resources, so keep an eye on this page throughout the build-up to and during the series.